Attendance Phone Numbers:
For the protection of students and the accurate monitoring of attendance, please follow the procedures below.
1. Call the Attendance Office
prior to 2:00 p.m. on the day of the absence.
When calling, please leave:
a. Student’s name, spelling the last name
b. Reason for absence
d. Phone number where you can be reached. Please inform us of changes in home or work phone numbers.
If your student needs to be dismissed early from class, have him/her bring a signed note to the Attendance Office prior to the start of the school day. This will help to reduce disruptions into the classroom.
Students who leave campus without following the above procedure may not be marked "excused".
3. In the event that a student becomes ill at school and needs to go home, he or she must either:
• Report to the clinic. The nurse will phone a parent/guardian and obtain permission.
• Have a parent/guardian call and give permission to the main office at the time the student is leaving.
4. Absences that are not excused within 48 hours will require Dean’s approval for changing absence to "excused."
5. In the event of a situation in which the student is supervised temporarily by an adult other than the parents, the parent should notify the attendance office in writing, providing the name, address and phone number of the supervising adult.
Our computerized parent notification system will call your home during the evening to inform you of unexcused absences. A call to the Attendance Office to excuse the absence on the day of the absence
(before 2:00 p.m.)
will prevent the computer from calling you. We appreciate your help in following these procedures. If you have any questions, feel free to call the Attendance Office or your student’s Dean.