Dear Grandview Community,
Grandview High School is
committed to providing a varied and engaging student activities program. Students have multiple opportunities to exercise leadership in both formal and informal venues. We have over 40 clubs and many co-curricular activities. Our activities program is made possible by a group of dedicated faculty and staff.
The Grandview Activities Program encourages students to engage in meaningful community service projects and get involved in community politics. Students get the chance to share their cultural heritages, talents, concerns and vision.
New clubs may be started if a group of 10 or more students has an interest and an adult sponsor is willing to supervise. Students proposing a new club need to demonstrate that their proposal meets a need not covered by existing organizations. Students then arrange a time to meet with the Activities Director to discuss approval for the new club and, if approved, to arrange the paperwork for district approval and completion of the club constitution. Grandview Activities does not sponsor athletic or sports clubs.
Your activity fee $30.00 (17 cents/day) provides the following:
- Free admission to all home sporting events.
- Support to recognize the accomplishments of all students in extracurricular academics, extracurricular activities and athletics.
- Transportation fees to subsidize many curricular field trips.
- Reduced or free admission to Leadership Sponsored events.
- Funds to pay for speakers, and extracurricular learning experiences such as Red Ribbon Week and Multicultural Celebrations.
- Support to all co-curricular and extra-curricular activities and clubs.
In some cases the money is the sole form of funding for a particular activity, and in others, it is a supplement which in turn reduces the student cost of a product or event.