In the event of a weather delay or closure, parents will be notified via the Blackboard Connect phone message system. |
(Read how the district makes the decision to delay or close schools)
|“We are in the business of holding school, so as long as conditions are safe, we will hold school. However, I encourage you, as parents, to make the best decision for your family. If you decide to keep your children home, they will be excused.” |
~ Dr. Harry Bull, Superintendent of Cherry Creek Schools
Parents can also call the Weather Delay and Closure Line:
WHEN A SCHOOL IS CLOSED:
WHEN A SCHOOL IS ON DELAYED START:
- Before and After School Day Care Programs at the closed schools will be canceled and closed.
- All activities scheduled in District facilities are canceled.
- In-District sports events and team practices are postponed.
- High School bus pickup times are delayed 1.5 hours (90 minutes).
- Grandview High School will follow our Delayed Start Bell Schedule.
If serious storm conditions or other emergency situations develop during the day, the district will monitor the situation and advise affected schools and the transportation department as soon as possible, of a decision to dismiss school early. When this decision is made, this information will be posted on this web site, recorded on the applicable area hotline and sent to the media as soon as possible.
In case of dangerous weather warnings or other dangerous conditions, a school may hold students past their dismissal time for safety reasons. This information will be posted on this web site, recorded on the applicable hotline, and sent to the radio and television stations as soon as possible.